The Motivating By Appreciation (MBA) Inventory is an assessment tool developed by psychologist Dr. Paul White and Dr. Gary Chapman, to accompany the 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace: Empowering Organizations by Encouraging People.
The MBA Inventory assists supervisors, managers, and coworkers to be able to communicate appreciation to their colleagues in ways that are meaningful and which “hit the mark” for the person you want to encourage.
The inventory takes 15-20 minutes to complete online and an individual report is generated immediately which identifies the respondent’s primary language of appreciation, their secondary language of appreciation, and the language of appreciation which is least important to them.
We provide resources for creating a work group’s Group Profile and a template for gathering each team members’ action items.
The Basic version of the MBA Inventory is a brief / direct version applicable to virtually all work settings. This version is available in the following languages:
The Expanded Version of the MBA Inventory includes a number of new items which provide a deeper look at your results:
- Comparing your results with the general workforce population (text and graphic charts) regarding:
- Your Primary Language of Appreciation
- Your Primary & Secondary Languages of Appreciation (combined)
- Your Lesser Valued Languages (Least Valued + 3rd Highest)
- Identifying the single most important act of appreciation to you
- The role (and challenges) of Appropriate Physical Touch to communicate appreciation
- Allowing you to identify the ways you don’t want to receive appreciation, in each of the 5 languages
- Additional resources to explore how best to implement The 5 Languages of Appreciation in your workplace
The Expanded version includes the following industry specific options:
Click here to get more information about taking the inventory.